For those of us with hectic lives, peace and serenity are elusive states. We scroll through our newsfeed and are constantly bombarded with people in a relaxed state, with not a care in the world. In reality, though, we all experience stress and anxiety, and for most of us, it’s a daily occurrence.
It’s not always possible for us to take the rest of the day off to bring ourselves back to our desired calm, but there are some quick, 10-minute exercises that we can do in order to reduce stress and help our mind and body find peace.
- Sit on a recliner or comfortable chair
- Drink a warm cup of tea
- Mute all phone notifications
- Try not to think any serious thoughts
- Do breathing exercises – breath in and out slowly
- Play a happy song or a song that makes you happy
- Give someone a warm hug
- Take a long warm bath
- Go for a walk
- Write down your feelings