As wildly popular as WhatsApp may be as a mode of communication, waking up to being added to random groups can be very annoying. Well, you don’t have to worry about that anymore, here are the steps to stop people from adding you to groups without your consent.
Note that you must have the latest version of Whatsapp downloaded and installed on you Mobile device before proceeding with the steps below.
1. Open the WhatsApp app on your phone
2. Go to the settings tab and under that, click on the accounts tab
3. In the accounts tab, click on ‘privacy’
4. Tap on Groups
5. Here you can choose from the options “Everyone”, “My Contacts”, and “Nobody”
6. Depending on who you want to be added by, choose any one option
There are a few things to keep in mind. If you choose the option “Nobody”. The group admins will be able to send you a private invitation to the group. If you feel its a group you want to be a part of, then you can accept their invitation.
Have you had a annoying expereinces with whatsapp groups? Let me know in the commenst. Also if this post was helpful.
You are welcome! 🙂