In life, there will be times when negativity and challenges surround you, and it seems like its suffocating your dreams and destroying your hope. When this happens, many go through their day feeling deflated and defeated. While you can’t always control what happens to you, you can control how you respond to it. Seek to create a positive environment for yourself and you’ll begin to become more motivated to achieve your dreams and goals.
Here are 10 ways to stay motivated through hard times:
1. Start simple: keep motivators around you and your work area- things that give you that initial spark to get you going. It can be your favourite quotes, a photo that brings you good memories etc.
2. Keep good company: keep your circle small and tight. Stay around positive minded people and motivated people. If you do not feel like going out, call someone you believe will give you a boost to get you going.
3. See the good in bad: this can be tough while you are right in the middle of a tough situation, but allow yourself to go through the emotions, then look for the lessons and remember that there’s always a possibility that things could have been worse- you’ll be fine with time.
4. Take control over what you can, and stop worrying about what you can’t. There’s no point sweating over something you cannot change, stay in your peace and don’t worry too much.
5. Track your progress: from time to time, check how far you’ve come. Do not put more pressure on yourself when you feel things are moving slower than expected. Good things often take time.
6. Speak positive affirmations: This is one of the most powerful things you can do. Speaking over yourself/your life has been known to have a positive effect over your mind and actions. Believe what you say and remain in the place of gratitude.
7. Keep learning: keep an open mind towards continuous learning. There are so many resources out there that can help.
8. Have an attitude of expectancy.
9. Read and listen to positive information.
10. Stop over thinking.
Here are some motivations in life driven by pleasure.
1. Survival Needs (Food,clothing,and shelter)
2. Accomplishments (Career,Sports,Education)
3. Fun (travelling, Partying, dancing)